Archive for News
DEPRESSION, heart disease, dementia and now cancer could all be prevented by taking aspirin.
It costs just 1p a tablet, but Oxford scientists said this week that taking an aspirin a day can reduce your risk of cancer.
A study found the pills not only reduce the chances of contracting the illness, but also protect against it spreading.
Experts believe the evidence is so strong that, in future, the NHS watchdog NICE may issue guidelines advising doctors to prescribe it to cancer sufferers.
The research, involving 200,000 patients, found that aspirin can cut the risk of dying of cancer by 37 per cent if taken every day for five years. Aspirin works by suppressing the creation of prostaglandin, a hormone that carries information about pain to the brain. It was first sold as 1899 as a powder by the German firm Bayer.
Aspirin can clearly do more than banish headaches, though some experts believe it could do more harm than good.
Here, we look at some of the surprising uses.
SOME experts believe depression and inflammation could be linked after small studies found some depressed people have high levels of cytokines – naturally occurring chemicals with inflammatory properties – in the body.
So because it’s an anti-inflammatory drug, aspirin might be able to help.
One study followed 386 women for ten years – 22 developed depression after the age of 50.
Of these only one had taken aspirin.
But among those who did not develop depression, almost a third were taking it.
A KEY ingredient in aspirin is salicylic acid, which is used in many of today’s off-the-shelf acne products.
Mix a tablet with water then rub the solution on to your skin.
Leave it on for two minutes, then rinse off.
This will dry your pimples out and your spots will go faster.
If you have normal or dry skin don’t try this more than once a week as you will lose too much moisture from your skin.
A COMMON cause of this is a tiny yeast called Pityroporum ovale, which lives on the scalp. Aspirin is a mild anti-fungal so it can help.
Crush two tablets and mix them with one serving of shampoo.
Apply the mixture to your hair and leave for about two minutes so it can settle on your scalp.
Rinse it off and shampoo your hair again.
Short Answer: it is an easy way to deliver an amino acid — same as the stuff you eat every day, in protein — called cysteine, which otherwise does not easily reach brain cells. Cysteine has two potential ways of working. In some research studies, it was used for one reason but may have actually worked through the other!
Who can benefit?
This simple molecule has been studied and shown to be better than a placebo for the treatment of
- bipolar depressionBerk
- compulsive hair-pulling (“trichotillomania”)Grant and obsessive compulsive disorderAfshar
- addictive behaviors: cocaine cravingLaRowe; gambling Grant ; marijuana useGray; and cigarette smoking (decrease use but not craving)Knackstead
and preliminary evidence (not studied yet against placebo, or in humans) for the following:
- compulsive nail-bitingBerk
- reversing the brain changes induced by cocaine (in rats, anyway)Moussawi, Madayag
Other health claims
Some other possible benefits less relevant to mental health: NAC has been claimed or shown to lower the rates of viral infections, treat fluid in the ear, lower heart disease risk by lowering homocysteine, improve insulin sensitivity, decrease infections in lung diseases, and help prevent kidney stones. (references, such as they exist for these claims). Data from rats suggest NAC could prevent the decrease in kidney function sometimes caused by lithium.Berk p1
This info came from http://www.psycheducation.org/depression/meds/n-acetylcysteine.htm
They may only be small but beans are little powerhouses of nutrition and certainly pack a punch when it comes to health benefits. That’s why we’re all such big fans.
It seems ironic to us that they are often referred to as “poor man’s meat” when in fact they ought to be regarded as healthy man’s meat because they are rich in so many health-giving benefits.
Bring down cholesterol
Soy beans for example can lower cholesterol levels, as well as improving blood glucose control – brilliant news for anyone with diabetes!
They also regulate the function of the colon, prevent and cure constipation and prevent hemorrhoids and other bowel problems.
Tuck into richly-coloured, dried beans and you’ll be giving yourself a healthy dose of antioxidant protection. For example, did you realise that small, red kidney beans rate even higher on the super-foods scale than blueberries?
Ease the misery of menopause and fight cancer
Beans contain high levels of isoflavones – compounds which are similar in structure to the estrogen produced in your body. These isoflavones can ease the symptoms of menopause such as hot flashes or flushes and night sweats, as well as improving bone and prostate health, protect against cancer and reduce the risk of heart disease.
A healthier digestive system
One of the main reasons beans are so good for us is because they contain fiber which is brilliant for the digestive system, mopping up cholesterol from the intestine and helping to cleanse bacteria from our systems.
This info was copy from www.naturalcures.com
Years pass by and our kidneys are filtering the blood by removing salt, poison and any unwanted entering our body. With time, the salt accumulates and this needs to undergo cleaning treatments and how are we going to overcome this?
It is very easy, first take a bunch of parsley (MALLI Leaves)and wash it clean
Then cut it in small pieces and put it in a pot and pour clean water and boil it for ten minutes and let it cool down and then filter it and pour in a clean bottle and keep it inside refrigerator to cool.
Drink one glass daily and you will notice all salt and other accumulated poison coming out of your kidney by urination also you will be able to notice the difference which you never felt before.
Parsley is known as best cleaning treatment for kidneys and it is natural!
Essential Oil of Lemongrass is extracted with the help of steam distillation of dried Lemongrass. The Lemongrass is known by scientific names Cymbopogon Citratus or Andropogon Citratus. Main constituents of its essential oil are Myrcene, Citronellal, Geranyl Acetate, Nerol, Geraniol, Neral, Limonene and Citral. Justifying its name, the Lemongrass smells just like Lemon, but it is more mild and sweet. It is not sour to taste. This grass is used in countless beverages (including tea), desserts and other forms of culinary as a flavoring agent, where freshlemon is not available or is not to be used. It is very much in use in Chinese and Thai recipes. It grows and spreads very fast like any other grass and fetches a good price in the market. Thus there is a lot of business involved in this.
What’s more, it comes with many medicinal properties too. Let us see what these properties are.
- Analgesic: Analgesic is a property that reduces pain and inflammation. Lemongrass Essential Oil helps relieve pain in muscles, joints, toothache and headache etc. resulting from viral infections like cough & cold, influenza, fever, pox etc. It also helps cure body pain resulting from sudden exercises, sports etc.
- Anti Depressant: Lemongrass Oil boosts self esteem, confidence, hope and mental strength, uplifts spirit and fights depression. This can be very helpful to drive away depression for those who are suffering from depression
- due to failure in career or love, insecurity, loneliness, stagnation, someone’s death or any other reason. This also relieves anxiety. Being an anti depressant, it can be systematically administered to patients of acute depression who are undergoing rehabilitation after some shock. Just take it with tea and relax.
- Anti Microbial and Anti Bacterial: This has anti microbial properties which makes it inhibit microbial and bacterial growth in the body, internally or externally. It is seen to be effective in inhibiting bacterial infections in colon, stomach, urinary tracts, wounds, respiratory system etc. and helps cure diseases resulting from bacterial or microbial infections such as typhoid, food poisoning, skin diseases, body odor, malaria (caused due to protozoon) etc.
- Anti Pyretic: An anti pyretic is an agent that brings down very high fever. This is quite similar to febrifuge but is effective on very high fever too. This oil can bring down the fever when it tends to reach the danger mark. This property of Lemongrass, which comes from its essential oils, is extensively used. It is often given with tea for this purpose.
- Anti Septic: The anti septic properties of Lemongrass Oil makes it a good application for external and internal wounds as well as an ingredient of the anti septic lotions and creams. The anti septic properties of this oil do not let the external and internal cuts and wounds go septic.